Canada Travel Power Adapter Guide 🇨🇦

Do you need a power adapter when travelling to Canada from the United States? No, for most devices you will not need a plug adapter or power converter while in Canada. Canada uses the TYPE A electrical plug and socket.

Type B (grounded) power plugs are also generally compatible with Canada's electrical sockets. The standard voltage is 120V and standard frequency is 60HZ. You will need a power converter when visiting from the United States to step down the voltage.

✔️ You do not need a travel adapter in Canada if you are traveling from the United States.

A Plug

Type A Plug

Type B Plugs are also generally compatible in Canada.

Ad Socket

Type A Socket

Type A sockets have two flat parallel ports. Type B sockets have an additional third round pin at the bottom for the ground.

Voltage and Frequency

120V / 60Hz

Power converter is not required for most US devices in Canada.

Highest Rated Universal Travel Converters

Highest Rated Adapters

Check out our reviews to find the best travel adapter for you.

Something missing?

For feedback and suggestions please email us 📩