China Travel Power Adapter Guide 🇨🇳

Do you need a power adapter when travelling to China from the United States? Yes, for most devices you will need a power converter while in China. China uses the Type A electrical plug and socket.

Type C and Type I power plugs are also found in China depending on the region you are visiting. The standard voltage is 220V and standard frequency is 50 Hz.

⚠️ Safety Tip: Electricity in China is usually 220V, many devices from the USA will require a power converter!

A Plug

Type A Plug

Type C and Type I Plugs are also found in parts of China.

China Socket

Type A/C/I Socket

Type A sockets have two flat parallel ports. Many sockets will include Type C and Type I pins.

Voltage and Frequency

220V / 50Hz

Power converter is required for some US devices in China.

Foval Universal Travel Converter

Recommended Adapter

Foval Universal Step Down Converter work with US devices and includes 4 USB ports.

Something missing?

For feedback and suggestions please email us 📩