Italy Travel Power Adapter Guide ๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ท

Do you need a power adapter when travelling to Italy from the United States? Yes, for most devices you will need a plug adapter and power converter while in Italy. Italy uses the Type L electrical plug and socket.

Type C and Type F power plugs are also generally compatible with Italian electrical sockets. The standard voltage is 230V and standard frequency is 50Hz. You will need a power converter when visiting from the United States.

โš ๏ธ Safety Tip: Electricity in Italy is 230V, some devices from the USA will require a power converter to step down voltage!

L Plug

Type L Plug

Type C and Type F Plugs are also generally compatible in Italy.

L Socket

Type L Socket

Two 4.8 mm round holes spaced 19 mm apart.

Voltage and Frequency

230V / 50Hz

Power converter is required for some US devices in Italy.

Foval Universal Travel Converter

Recommended Adapter

Foval Power Step Down Converter works with US devices and includes 4 USB ports.

Something missing?

For feedback and suggestions please email us ๐Ÿ“ฉ