Mexico Travel Power Adapter Guide 🇲🇽

Do you need a power adapter when travelling to Mexico from the United States? No, for most devices you will not need a plug adapter or power converter while in Mexico. Mexico uses the Type A electrical plug and socket.

Type B (grounded) power plugs are also generally compatible with Mexico's electrical sockets. The standard voltage is 127V and standard frequency is 60HZ. You will need a power converter when visiting from the United States to step down the voltage.

✔️ You usually do not need a travel adapter in Mexico if you are traveling from the United States.

E Plug

Type A Plug

Type B Plugs are also generally compatible in Mexico.

A Socket

Type A Socket

Type A sockets have two flat parallel ports. Type B sockets have an additional third round pin at the bottom for the ground.

Voltage and Frequency

127V / 60HZ

Power converter is not required for most US devices in Mexico.

BESTEK Universal Travel Converter

Recommended Adapter

Step down voltage to work with US devices and includes 4 USB ports.

Something missing?

For feedback and suggestions please email us 📩